Saturday 26 May 2018

Day Five - Kamloops to Clearwater

Leaving Kamloops

It didn't take long out of Kamloops for me to register the first puncture. Cruising up the highway and the whole rig started to feel a bit sluggish. Looking down I realised that the rear tyre was looking a little sad and sorry for itself. So time to pull all the gear off, extract the wheel, and get out the puncture kit.


The ride North from Kamloops was so scenic, and the traffic wasn't too bad. Generally the road shoulder was pretty generous, but having the rear-view mirror on the bike was a definite bonus for checking traffic ranging up from behind.



Having ridden for a couple of hours I found myself looking for somewhere to stop, grab some snacks, and just rest for a while. I stumbled upon the Pinegrove Campground and R.V. Park at McClure. The owner was lovely, offering the back deck for me to sit in the shade and relax for a while. Then the maintenance guy (Dave) came around and lit a small campfire nearby and invited me to have some BBQ sausage with them. 





I even got to meet Felix, the cat, who was quite a character. Long chats about what a lovely place this was, and about Dave's plans to come to Australia to compete in Masters Wood Chopping. Special thanks to Martina and Dave for a wonderful stop.

Rolling hills, beautiful riding ...




This was a long day, the longest so far. The ride finished up in Clearwater at the KOA Campground after 133km in the saddle. I was very ready to slug it out with the overly friendly mosquitoes while setting up my tent, grabbing some dinner at a nearby eatery, and then falling into bed.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Across the Prairies

Across the Prairies It's been a long time since we blogged ... so apologies for that ... but the trip has been so fascinating and '...